Blogmagz.com - The 36th Golden Disc Awards took place on Saturday (8/1/2022) at Gocheok Sky Dome, Seoul, South Korea.Quoting Allkpop, the event was hosted by three masters of ceremony (MC) Lee Seung Gi, Lee Da Hee, and Sung Si Kyung. Soompi reported that in previous years, the Golden Disc Awards lasted for two days.
Last year, the South Korean music awards were divided by the Albums and Digital Song division. This time, the entire ceremony was held on one day and obeyed the rules of social distance. There was no audience present and the show was pre-recorded. For the fifth year in a row, BTS won Album of the Year (Disc Daesang).
IU won Digital Song of the Year (Digital Daesang) for the second year in a row. He took home four trophies, among them The Digital Song Division Bonsang, Best Rookie Artist, Artist of the Year, Cosmopolitan Artist Award.
All of the nominations are songs and albums released between November 2020 and mid-November 2021. Nominations for major categories are based on quantitative measures, such as the number of streams and album sales.
The final winner was selected 60 percent based on sales calculated through mid-December 2021 and 40 percent based on an assessment by a judging panel, made up of 50 industry experts including music journalists, music program production directors, music critics, music distribution representatives, and the ceremony’s organizing committee.
- Digital Song of the Year (Daesang): IU
- Album of the Year (Daesang): BTS
- Digital Song Division Bonsang: Lee Mujin, STAYC, Oh My Girl, AKMU, Heize, aespa, IU, BTS
- Album Division Bonsang: TXT, ENHYPEN, IU, NCT DREAM, Stray Kids, NCT 127, SEVENTEEN, BTS
- Artist of the Year: aespa
- seezn Golden Disc Popularity Award: BTS
- Cosmopolitan Artist Award: SEVENTEEN, aespa
- Best Group: Brave Girls
- Best Rookie Artist: STAYC, aespa
- Best Solo Artist: Lim Young Woong
- Best Performance: THE BOYZ, Jeon Somi
Well, that’s the complete list of winners of the Aespa Golden Disc Awards. Is there an idol of yours?